You may have already noticed, but I sold DaTuner. My users may have noticed that I had neither time nor energy to keep DaTuner updated, as I should, and I felt the correct decision was to sell the app, allowing me to focus on future ideas. I hope the app has landed in the correct hands. Stay tuned for what is coming!
To Whom It May Concern,
DaTuner Beta has support for Custom Instruments!
New versions of both pro and free versions of DaTuner are in Beta right now, and I could use some testers.
The custom instruments support is still not in – It will be much easier to put it into this version than the previous versions, though, as the new versions have been overhauled so as to make them more robust and easier to maintain.
To get the Beta versions, join the DaTuner Beta community on Google+ and then opt-in via the play store.
Back At Keyboard. OK, I think I’m back.
I have started working on the Beta version of DaTuner again, hoping to squash all of the bugs in it that are new since adding instrument support required changing a lot of the fundamental structure of DaTuner. There are bugs in it, but if you are brave, please use it!
Blackberry DaTuner (Virus?)
I have NOT released DaTuner for BlackBerry, yet. Somebody else put a counterfeit version there. It probably has a virus. I have no idea how to contact Blackberry about removing that app. Please don’t download it.
Android DaTuner (Not Virus!)
There is a false positive on DaTuner for the Android.boqx virus. I am looking into it. It is probably the fault of G-Data, but I also don’t know how to contact them. Filled the forms out on their website – not sure if they will reply.
I have recently started getting some complaints that the settings menu isn’t working properly. Turns out that some people are running extremely aggressive task killers, and these task killers are killing individual activities of DaTuner as it switches between these activities.
Until I release a fix, if you have this problem, please disable your overly aggressive task killers. They do not help battery life anyway…
I seem to have dug myself into a hole with the custom instruments branch. DaTuner wasn’t written to support custom instruments and retrofitting it to support them has proven to be a lot of extra work. Since the effort has taken so many months, every time I pick up the torch again, I have to figure out where I left off last time.
The recent upgrades on the version of DaTuner on Google Play were incremental and therefore didn’t take too much time. (I also should give credit to http://www.yougli.net/android/a-photoshop-like-color-picker-for-your-android-application/ for providing the original source code for the color picker dialog. I had to optimize it quite a bit because the original performance was sub-optimal and it wasn’t scaleable for different screen sizes. The new optimized and scaleable ColorPickerDialog source code is here.)
Active Uninstalls > Active Installs!
As for the last update – one of the main things in it was that there is now a filter that will only update the displayed note if there is a certain % of identical note readings in the past few analysis, and another which puts hysteresis between the turning off and on of analysis. This should alleviate the “noisy display” problem that many were complaining about on Google Play. If you want to turn these off, they are in the advanced menu (set % identical notes to 0 and hysteresis to zero.) [ have noticed, though, that active uninstalls has picked up a lot, and I am curious if people think the latest update has broken DaTuner in some way. Please email me (the email is published in Google Play and in the DaTuner app) or leave a comment here if you have found that the latest version of DaTuner doesn’t perform as well as it used to!
I finally managed to reproduce and fix the bugs that were occurring for many people after upgrading DaTuner, so please try the latest versions on google play and let me know if it works for you!
Beta (testing the Pro version with ads, updated often):
Just heard from a customer that all of her problems with DaTuner were solved with an uninstall and reinstall. This *shouldn’t* be necessary but I have just figured out how to test “upgrades” so if you find your DaTuner installation is not working, please uninstall and reinstall it fresh!
Thanks for your patience!
Edit: I am working on a final “stable” version of DaTuner which I will release soon. I will release first under the “beta” tag so if you want to help out, download DaTuner beta! Thank you!