Here is a quick list of things that I want to add to DaTuner, either because I think they’d be good ideas, or because they have been specifically requested. Some of these may only be in a paid or ad-supported version (base version would stay free and ad free)
- Pitch pipe. I have had lots of requests for this and I have my own ideas for how to implement it that I don’t think anyone else has done.
- Update color scheme: make the point at which you are “close enough” for color change configurable via the menu. Also give sharp and flat different colors, if set in the menu.
- Add +/- cents to the “error” display.
- Configurable bandwidth on min/max detected frequency. The algorithm I am using ends up with heavier “likely” ratings on lower frequencies so to avoid always detecting 50/60Hz hum I have added a “minimum” in the algorithm that cuts out some calculations that would produce frequency measurements less than 70Hz. If you are a bass guitar player, you probably would want a bit more hum detection as long as you can also detect the fundamental note on your bass guitar.
- Alternate tunings / Updated “note” display. I have had requests for many changes to the note display. Taken individually, they would be relatively simple. However, I have a job and family, and programming them all into DaTuner, which is supposed to be generic would take me a lifetime of working a few minutes a day, I figure I can perhaps do it via community supported spreadsheets that can be imported into DaTuner.
- Alternate tunings (ie drop-D tuning or allowing certain notes to be set at +/- a few cents)
- Display of “do, me, ri” instead of “c,d,e”
- Display flat symbol instead of sharp symbol
If you are reading this and are using DaTuner and would like to suggest an improvement or vote on a change above, let me know!